Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Classes start, Taylor is an entertainer, and Hansen sucks...

Today was the official start of "spring" semester classes and tons o' fun ensued. First, Sociology is hopefully going to be a hoot... even if it is in Rotunda D. Dr. Mendelsohn seems like the kind of guy who could have mentored under the great Mr. Pope of Roosevelt High School legends, he is bitingly sarcastic and witty, yet realistic. Delicious. Music theory started off not with a bang, but more like the sound of a major 7th chord against a whiny girl signing about how much she loves her man. As some of the early comers entered the classroom, Dr. Taylor's class was just leaving and one of my classmates asked if he was going to teach the class (jokingly). Taylor proceeded to attach a smirk to his face and amble over the the first row of desks, he then bent over slightly and looked each of us in the eye then muttered - almost under his breath, "I'm an entertainer". Deadly laughter ensued for about a minute. After a light lunch of Triscuits (R) and granola bars, I made the trek to Hansen to hall for my Composition I class. Needless to say I underestimated travel time and was a few minutes late. The class went quickly and looks to be an utter joy. To end on a fun note (ha - music pun) I talked to Dr. Crawley today and discovered that I made Jazz II on lead Tenor Sax. and start tomorrow. Good Stuff. Now, I leave you with a quote which made my day, "You know, you can't have somebody rapping about, 'kill the pigs and screw the world,' when you've got a maj. 7 chord in the background." - Mr. Jim Coull 1-18-06

No comments: