Monday, January 30, 2006

Vadala Onion...

The first two weeks of spring semester have been going very well. First, I got to start four exciting new classes: Composition I, Wellness, Sociology, and Jazz Band (I was actually serious about Jazz Band). Comp is going to be ok... I was worried at first but the teacher seems to be pretty laid back. I don't know what to think of wellness yet, except for what I've heard, which is... it sucks. Sociology is going to be pretty interesting. Jazz band is going to freaking rock. I didn't realize how much I missed playing in a Jazz Band. After six years of it, and then not having it for only a semester really made me miss sitting in a five piece sax section. I'm on lead tenor which leaves bari as the only sax or part I've never played in a Jazz setting... besides the soprano, which doesn't really count anyway. I am still playing bari in concert band too, which is going ok. I do have a few new vices to admit folding to with the turn of the new semester: 1) I have a newfound love for Fluegelhorn great Chuck Mangione. I can't stop listening to "Feels So Good", and it doesn't help that we're playing it in Jazz Band. 2) I may begin playing on a metal mouthpiece... ok, nobody really cares I know... 3) Finally, I have regained my love for Total Raisin Bran. I will end this post with a few quaint words of advice: Do not eat Hot Tamales Fire. They suck.

2 comments:

amy cook said...

raisin bran! yay! i was with you when you bought it!

Jamie said...

Hey, way to go with the lead tenor thing! Can't wait to see what you think of the metal mouthpiece. Sounds like a blast.